Cecil Hills Public School embeds core values in school policies, programs and practices. Our values include excellence, fairness, respect, responsibility, honesty, integrity, understanding, freedom and pride. These values underpin our student welfare and wellbeing policy. Developing a love of learning values are taught in the classroom to help our students to:
- Pursue excellence and high standards
- Develop care and respect for themselves and others
- Take pride in their work
- Exhibit a strong sense of fairness and social justice
- Have respect for and understanding of Australia's history including the cultures and experiences of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as the first peoples of Australia, and Australia as a multicultural society
- Have an appreciation of Australia's history and multicultural society
- Actively participate as citizens.
All students are expected to:
- Attend school every day, unless they are legally excused
- Be in class on time and prepared to learn
- Maintain a neat appearance and follow the school uniform policy
- Behave safely, considerately and responsibly including when travelling to and from school
- Follow class rules, speak courteously and cooperate with instructions and learning activities
- Treat staff, other students and members of the school community with dignity and respect
- Care for property belonging to themselves, the school and others.
Any behaviour that infringes on other people's safety such as harassment, bullying or any illegal behaviour will not be tolerated at our school.
To make Cecil Hills Public School a happy and safe school, students demonstrate these school rules:
|1. We will be in the right place at the right time.
- Be punctual
- Attend in-school activities
- Toilets: no playing/no food
- Wait sensibly at canteen
|2. We will co-operate with those in charge.
- Show respect to teachers
- Show respect to visitors
- Show respect to student leaders
- Listen and follow instructions
|3. We will always be polite, courteous and considerate.
- Speak respectfully
- Behave well at school, on excursions, at sport and travelling to and from school
- Be tolerant
- Be kind and friendly
- Speak without swearing or using hurtful language
- Leave other people’s property alone
- Look after your own belongings
- Take care of the buildings, furniture, grounds and all property
- No littering
|4. We will act safely at all times.
- Walk in covered areas of play ground
- Walk bikes in the playground
- Throwing of stones, sticks or any projectiles are not permitted.
- No vigorous activities on concrete playground
- Play games with no physical contact
- Leave baseball bats, hard balls at home
- Play without fighting
- Play without threatening others
- No school hat no play
- Sitting in designated area before 8.20am